Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Free write.......

....This is the first time that we got a prompt that told us to just write what ever we wanted to. I like this idea for many reasons. In the teaching world it can be at times difficult to inspire or motivate students to write in their logs or journals if you are being specific. To allow the student to just be able to write whatever is on their minds allows the creative juices to start to flow and hopefully that will be transferred into other aspects of their learning.

For me the world has been moving a million miles an hours lately and at times I have been feeling a bit overwhelmed. I thrive in stressful situations and have never had an issue at completing a task or taking care of a situation. But over the last two weeks I have wanted to just crawl into a dark room close out the rest of the world turn on some Jimmy Buffett and just checkout for a while. I am taking  a full load this summer and that is not so bad in itself, I am also working 25 hours a week and trying to get a whole lot of stuff done around the house on a limited budget. On July 3rd my Grandmother passed away at the age of 92 and my entire family is gathering to bury her in Southern California next week. It is hard because with my going to school full time I just don't have the money to spend on a plane ticket down there. I know that there are going to be some hurt feelings and even some resentment and that hurts. I love my family but have always lived a great distance from them and that has caused some friction in the past. It is hard to get them to understand just because I am not around does not mean that I do not love them. I loved my grandmother and cherish the gifts that she has given me over the years, my love of music, reading and art came from her, as did the stubborn streak that I have and the strong desire to succeed. It will be what it will be and I will roll with the punches. I just wish that at 44 my life was a bit easier and not so hectic. 

No comments:

Post a Comment