Tuesday, July 16, 2013

reflection



A Whole New Perspective On My Writing

When we started this assignment I was pretty nervous about having to share my writing with not only my class but also with my instructor. I have never been real confident in my ability to write a story let alone a narrative of my own. As I progressed and received feedback from my peers and found my own way with the written word the assignment became easier.
The first draft allowed me to find my voice and allow me a way to tell my story in a manner that felt right and painted a strong picture. With the second draft I was able to reach a point where I felt all emotions were clear and the beginning and end were well tied.
Again the feedback that I received from my peers allowed me to review and rethink if all the details were there. With a bit of compromise here and there and a few additions and just a little dab of color on the brush strokes, I created a visual that I hoped all would be able to enjoy.
The final review that I got from my peer made me smile at what I had accomplished but also what I was able to do with my writing and a lot of the trepidation began to leave.

No comments:

Post a Comment