Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Patricia "Teeka" Clark

So I got a phone call this morning from my mother letting me know that after 92 years on this earth my grandmother had decided she was done and passed away. I know that sounds a little crass, but what I mean by that is my grandmother was a woman who lived life by her own rules. She was a member of the Houston family and her father was a Senator from Kansas, he was an appointee by FDR as the chair to the National Labor Relations Board, my grandmother grew up in surrounded by political families and had many friends in the DC circle. She married my grandfather, a young Annapolis Midshipman, and watched as he was commissioned and sent of to serve in the Pacific as a second lieutenant in the Marines. She was widowed with three young children and fought the military when they tried to put the blame for my Grandfathers death on him rather than equipment failure. She lived her life for her children giving them a love for music and art, always carrying herself in a proper manner. She married Ken Clarke, a well know concert pianist and continued to be active in arts and culture. My grandmother was a woman who influenced me in so many ways and gave me an appreciation for reading and music that has stayed with me through out my life. I will miss her with all my heart and will always remember her with love and honor.

No comments:

Post a Comment