Thursday, June 27, 2013

27 June 2013

So yesterday was my 44th birthday and I had a real good day. My wife made me a great dinner and then my son and I went and watched Star Trek. Today there was no class and I was at work at the Veterans Outreach Center all day. Normally there is not a lot out of the ordinary that goes on. We get Vets that come in for services and assistance, but today we had a gentleman that came in who was from the Governor's Veterans advisory board and they are interested in having us host their September conference on Veterans issues with the Governor which is a real honor as we have only been in our new location for just over a year. Later in the day I received a phone call from the French Embassy in Seattle, and they want to award the French Legion of Merit to a WWII veteran that lives here in Spokane. He was part of the D-Day landings at Normandy and apparently was very instrumental in the success. One of my favorite things about my job is the interesting people that I get to meet and the stories I get to hear. Have a great evening all

No comments:

Post a Comment