Tuesday, June 11, 2013

My school.

So I have been going through my blogs and seeing where I have missed some and I came across the fact that I had written a couple of my blogs and they were still in draft form and never published. So I will go back and try and catch up.
So I am placed at West Valley High School with a teacher that has been there for the past 12 years. I have two sophomore Western Civ classes and one Senior Econ class. My Econ class has 9 students in it and it is an elective course while my Western Civ classes have 23 and 25 students respectively. The classroom is set up in a modified horseshoe so that all students have clear visual to classroom technology. My cooop teacher has done a good job of ensuring that the classroom has the latest technology available for the kids. There are three computers available for in class research. There are also 15 I-pod touches that are linked into the schools wireless system.
Classes at WVHS run 55 minutes a day three days a week and then there is a block schedule on Wednesday and Thursday where classes are 90 minutes long and there is late start On Wednesday so that teachers can have staff meetings, training and collaboration. Students have access to teachers before and after school and the school provides extra help for students that are struggling in class.

No comments:

Post a Comment